Selling or distributing medications or drugs online in the United States is not recommended for consumers needing to purchase their medicines. Every day, more online pharmacies are popping up on the Internet. Many people order from them since they are a convenient way for them to get their prescriptions or other medicines, whether they are doctor prescribed or not.
Because of this, many consumers that themselves in danger of taking inappropriate and unsafe medicines that can harm their health. Though the government itself is doing what it can to protect consumers from these illegitimate pharmacies, as a consumer, you need to be aware of the dangers involved with all online shopping to protect yourself from pharmaceutical fraud.
Of course, ordering and purchasing your medications online sounds easy, but there are some issues you need to be aware of any time you deal with medicine distribution services. Most of the pharmacies you find on the Internet today are legitimate, meaning that there are no concerns with how they operate since they feature services that give the consumers convenience and privacy when they purchase their medications. Unfortunately, though, there are many websites that are operating illegally as pharmacies. Consumers need to be aware of these sites. They may appear legitimate, but are not legal pharmacies.
There are a few things that’ll help you determine which sites are safe and legal.
A legitimate online pharmacy should be:
- based in the USA
- acknowledged by are registered with the state board of pharmacy
- require prescriptions for any medications ordered
- provide contact information to consumers
- provide an in-house physician or pharmacist to answer questions from consumers about medications
- provide security for the services they offer
An illegitimate online pharmacy is/will:
- not concerned with the medical conditions of the customers
- send drugs or medications with an unknown history or origin
- provide drugs or medications not associated with the health conditions of the customer
- allow consumers to purchase medications without a prescription
- sell or distribute personal information about consumers to third parties
As you can see, it is important to be diligent if you decide to order your medications or drugs online. No one wants to be taken advantage of or have their personal information sold, so always be leery when you order from an online pharmacy.